Master of Science in Sustainability Management

Pending approval by the University Senate, the program plans to accept the first class beginning in fall 2010.

Columbia University’s Earth Institute and the School of Continuing Education are pleased to announce a new Master of Science program which, pending approval by the University Senate, will admit its first class beginning in fall 2010.

The M.S. in Sustainability Management is a brand new program that will formally train and educate sustainability practitioners in a wide range of fields. It will draw upon sophisticated environmental measurement tools and cutting edge environmental science to help students fully understand the systematic and organizational role of sustainability in any organization.

The program is ideal for professionals currently working in or aspiring to be in management positions in general organizational management, regulatory compliance, facilities operations, and environmental stewardship. It is an innovative program that is applicable to many fields including the growing field of sustainability management, risk and environment management, financial services, utilities, industrial manufacturing, energy, pharmaceuticals, academia, health care, media, transportation, food service, and technology, among others. The M.S. in Sustainability Management program may be taken on a part-time or full-time basis.

In response to the increasing global challenges all organizations face, from limiting their carbon emissions to managing their water resources, the program melds academic leadership, scientific rigor, and professional practice to form a unique interdisciplinary community dedicated to making lasting advances in global sustainability practice.

Our upcoming information session is the perfect opportunity to meet the faculty and learn more about the program.

Date: Thursday, November 19
Time: 6:00 p.m.
Location: The Hilton Times Square Hotel
RSVP: Register Here

Oldest
Newest
Luis Javier Hernandez
Luis Javier Hernandez
14 years ago

Hello,

I am interested in finding more about this program. I am currently working in the School of Public Health in UC Berkeley, and I am not able to attend the informative session on november the 19th in New York City.

Please send me more information about this program including the requirements and deadlines to apply.

Thanks in advance,

Luis Javier Hernandez

Johanna Salazar
Johanna Salazar
14 years ago

Thanks for the notification. I’m currently living in Miami and doing an MBA at FIU and won’t be able to attend the informational session. But I am very interested in learning more about this program. Please keep me posted so I can register.

Thank You!

Johanna Salazar

Julian Nagel
Julian Nagel
14 years ago

Also a “thank you” from me for this info. I am living currently in London, England and won’t be able to attend but likewise am very interested in being kept updated on the progress of the course and the dates to apply.

All the best,

Julian Nagel

Xavier Davis
14 years ago

This is a very interesting and relevant program. I am currently in Northern California area so wont be able to attend the information session. I deal with lot of technology customers pondering over sustainability issues. I am very interested to learn more about this program.

Thanks,
Xavier

Edward
Edward
14 years ago

Thank you for the notice.

I am a Research Assistant at the CRED Lab, and recent graduate from Bard College. I would like to register for more information regarding this new MS in Sustainability Management. I am also sharing this with colleagues who would be interested

Wonderful news!

Edward T. Hall

Arman Rousta
14 years ago

I am very pleased to see Columbia offering this program! I may consider registering, although my current workload may not permit it this year. This is very timely. Congratulations.

Amanda
Amanda
14 years ago

I am currently attending the University of Wisconsin for Sustainable Mgmt for my Bachelors degree. These classes are all through distance learning IE: Internet which, within this platform, makes this degree sustainable in a literal and non-literal sense. Do you offer a Masters in Science IE; Sustainable Management through this type of structure?

Thank You!

Hanum
14 years ago

We apologize if this makes you uncomfortable. I just want to inform the staffs of the university who interested to publish their research results at Global Management Conference. The Conference will be held in Bali at the end of April. Please visit http://gmconference.ca Thank you

Jo
Jo
14 years ago

I am interested about the program.

nora carstens
nora carstens
14 years ago

I am really interested in the program. Where can I find more information and the way to submit my desire to enter?

GM
GM
13 years ago

Really interesting masters programmer, are there scholarships for the programme for developing countries.

Shennan T.
13 years ago

Interesting article. Never knew they had this type of a master’s program.