Are you interested in cultivating the skills necessary to implement environmental change? Do you want to learn more about conservation and environmental sustainability?
The Earth Institute Center for Environmental Sustainability (EICES) at Columbia University invites you to enroll in courses this Spring via our Certificate Program in Conservation and Environmental Sustainability.
The EICES Certificate Program is structured to fit your busy schedule. Evening classes meet once a week for five weeks and are held from 6 to 8PM at Columbia University or online via Distance Learning. Take individual courses or pursue the full 12-course Certificate, which can be completed in as little as 9 months.
EICES' Distance Learning Program makes it possible to learn from the comfort of your own home or office. Distance learning courses are offered via our virtual classroom where you listen to lectures, take part in discussions, and view presentations in real time or as recordings. This program integrates web-based learning with direct student-to-student and faculty-to-student communication.
Our courses are offered via rolling admissions and professionals from all sectors may apply. As an EICES student you have full access to Columbia University's libraries and resources and receive a Certificate in Conservation and Environmental Sustainability upon completion of the program.
Upcoming Spring 2014 Courses include:
- Evolution: Darwin to DNA (begins Jan. 27)
- The Little Things: Chemical, Microbial, and Biological Oceanography (Feb. 6)
- Psychology of Environmental Decision-Making and Sustainable Behavior (Feb. 5)
- Climate and Biodiversity (Feb. 26)
- Systems and Sustainability (begins Mar. 3)
- Coral Reefs Ecology: Bermuda- International Field Experience (Spring Break: March 19-23, 2014)
- Disease Ecology (begins Apr. 14)
- Population & Sustainable Development (Apr 8)
- Forest Management and Conservation (May 8)
- Introduction to Environmental Policy (begins May 13)
- Scenarios for Sustainability: The Future of Investing (May 22)