Are you interested in cultivating the skills necessary to implement environmental change? Do you want to learn more about conservation and environmental sustainability?
The Earth Institute Center for Environmental Sustainability (EICES) at Columbia University invites you to enroll in courses this Fall via our Certificate Program in Conservation and Environmental Sustainability.
The EICES Certificate Program program is structured to fit your busy schedule. Evening classes meet once a week for five weeks and are held from 6 to 8PM at Columbia University or online via Distance Learning. Take individual courses or pursue the full 12-course Certificate, which can be completed in as little as 9 months.
EICES' Distance Learning Program makes it possible to learn from the comfort of your own home or office. Distance learning courses are offered via our virtual classroom where you listen to lectures, take part in discussions, and view presentations in real time or as recordings. This program integrates web-based learning with direct student-to-student and faculty-to-student communication.
Our courses are offered via rolling admissions and professionals from all sectors may apply. As an EICES student you have full access to Columbia University's libraries and resources and receive a Certificate in Conservation and Environmental Sustainability upon completion of the program.
Upcoming Fall 2013 Courses include:
September – October
- Environmental Economics (begins Sept. 3)
- Environmental Ethics (Sept. 4)
- Environmental Sustainability & Corporate Decision-Making (Sept. 9)
October – November
- Ecology & Sustainable Water Management (begins Oct. 9)
- Introduction to Ecology (Oct 14)
- Evolutionary Adaptations & Behavior (Oct. 15)
November – December
- Diversity & Conservation (begins Nov. 13)
- Landscape Ecology: The Mannahatta Project (Nov. 19)
- Climate Change Adaptation & Natural Disasters (Nov. 25)
Questions? Please contact EICES at email@example.com or (212) 854-0149.