We are thrilled to announce that Matt Berg, ICT Director for the Millennium Villages project and Earth Institute researcher was named to the 2010 TIME 100 Most Influential People list. Through groundbreaking initiatives like the new mobile phone platform ChildCount+, Matt is pioneering the use of mobile technology to revolutionize public health systems and greatly reduce preventable death and disease in some of the poorest villages of Africa. His efforts, integrated in a holistic “continuum of care” system grounded in a network of community health workers, are empowering communities to improve child survival and nutrition and the overall health of their families.
Matt’s work and the entire health sector of the Millennium Villages Project depend on the supporters of our Community Health Worker and mHealth efforts.
Matt joins us in thanking the following supporters and partners for their commitment to this life saving work:
- Nancy and Randy Best
- FIND (Foundation for Innovative New Diagnostics)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Sue and Bill Gross
- The John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- The Merck Company Foundation
- Novartis Foundation for Sustainable Development
- The Rockefeller Foundation
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
- United Nations Foundation (mHealth Alliance)